Monday, March 13, 2006

No Love
from the mind of  Duke.

I work in an office that overlooks Westlake Plaza in downtown Seattle. This makes for good entertainment, since quite a few demonstrations take place there.

Last week I heard someone say that there was a demonstration taking place in the plaza. I excitedly ran downstairs where I was disappointed to find that it was only the Free Tibet crowd walking in a circle and chanting.

It's been a while since I saw a demonstration where I actually agreed with the sentiment being expressed, and I couldn't help wanting to grab one of them and yell "Exactly how do you think marching in a circle is going to get China out of Tibet? Don't you realize how silly you all look?"

But the best part was when I related this story to a friend. "No Malkin love for you today" she said.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

Thanks for the great photos. I too work in Seattle and am a red blooded consevative -- not the most harmonious combination. Good to see some sanity out here! Keep up the good work.

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home