Monday, September 13, 2004

A Second Term Wishlist
from the mind of  Zeke_Wilkins.

I've named this post "A Second Term Wishlist" but it could have as easily been titled "My beefs with Bush". Please don't misunderstand; I support the president, but as a mental exercise and to sharpen our own beliefs I think it is healthy to compile a list of things we wish President Bush had done, or will do in his second term. So I invite everyone to post comments to this topic and keep the list growing! I'll start off:

1) Pres. Bush should not have said he'd sign a renewal of the so-called "Assault Weapons Ban" if it reached his desk, and he should not sign or support any legislation which attempts to repeal gun rights.

2) Pres. Bush should feel free to start using his veto powers.

3) Currently the MOAB remains (to my knowledge) untested in combat. Let's rectify that.

4) Hopefully in this second term we can appoint some Supreme Court Justices that are strict constitutional constructionists. None of this "living document" crap.

Well, I'm depending on you to remind me of others...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home